We are F5

English Club F5

F5Trang ChínhGalleryTìm kiếmLatest imagesĐăng kýĐăng Nhập
1. Failure doesn't mean that you don't have abilities , but simply that you haven't had success . 2. Failure doesn't mean that you can't do anything, but simply that you can learn one more thing . 4. Failure doesn't mean that you have nothing to do , but simply that you have one in other ways. 6. Failure doesn't mean that you waste your life and hands, but simply that is reason for the new begining . 7. Failure doesn't mean that you get rid of it, but simply that you have to try more . 9. Failure doesn't mean that we get rid of yourself, but simply that we need a better will . And at last simply that : Failure is the success's mother !!!

Share | 

GENERATION GAP (11/9/2011)

Xem chủ đề cũ hơn Xem chủ đề mới hơn Go down 
Tác giảThông điệp
Ivan

Ivan

GENERATION GAP (11/9/2011) Empty
Bài gửiTiêu đề: GENERATION GAP (11/9/2011)   GENERATION GAP (11/9/2011) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 10:47 pm

GENERATION GAP

It seems that the children and their parents have some conflicts in their life nowadays. These conflicts take place in many families and in many countries in the world. According to mass media, counselors at Marriage Guiding Councils or Family Advisory Centers receive hundreds of confiding letters from the children or the parents who have conflicts with each other. So, what is the root of the matter? And what are typical conflicts? Let’s see.

The children complain that their parents do not understand their feelings and thinking. They say that they seem to lose their freedom at home where their parents always oversee them as if they were still childish. Let’s listen to the confidence of a seventeen-year-old girl: “My parents seem not to understand me. They just want me to obey them absolutely like a child. They may forget that I am old enough, and I have my own way of living. They require me to study hard and get good marks; they scold me if I make mistakes, but never do they tell me what to do. They usually complain of my fashionable dress. I think they do not catch up with the pace of modern life. They notify my friends and ban me from having boyfriends; even they do not want to listen to my explanation. Do you think it is fair?”

And here is the confidence from a boy: “My parents do not take care of me. They leave home for work from early in the morning, and come back home late in the evening when I am going to bed. I have many things to ask them for advice, but it seems that they never have time for me. They give me a lot of money, and they think that is enough. When I make mistakes or answer them back, my parents think I am naughty. I really feel lonely in my family. I always want to resist my parents’ ideas in order that they have to pay attention to me, but they do not. Truly speaking, I think there are many conflicts between us.”
What are the parents’ thought? Of course, they have to spend almost their time earning money to support their families, especially in this competitive society. This makes the parents exhausted after a hard working day, and of course they do not have much time for their children. Moreover, they are worried about society’s temptations, so they always pay their attention to every aspect related to their children. This makes the children uneasy or unhappy. I think the children should understand these!

In short, we can say that conflicts happen because each member in family does not want to listen to the other. They just think of themselves, want to satisfy their desire, and want to impose their ideas on others. To avoid conflicts in family, I think that the old and the young need more time to be together. Everyone should understand that while adults have more experience to confront problems, the young also have some strong points of their own.

QUESTIONS FOR DISCUSSION
1. Have you ever asked for advice from family Advisory Centers? What do you expect from them?
2. Do you have contradiction with your parents? In what way? Do you think your parents understand you?
3. Have you ever shared your feeling and your private problems with your parents? Who do you usually share with, your mother or your father?
4. Are you really to discuss with your parents about sex? If you take your notice of a different sex person, will you tell your parents or your close friends, why?
5. Do you think that your parents do not understand you? Do you feel your parents forbiddances make you lose your freedom?
6. What are the main factors leading to parents and children’s conflicts?
7. Nowadays, in our society, especially in big cities, people have less time for their families. Therefore, their families come into being broken. What do you think about that?
8. What are typical conflicts between the parents and the children now? How can we keep on well with our parents?
9. You are watching a pop concert program on television when your parents ask you to turn it off just because they don’t like it at all. If you are in the this situation what will you do?
10. What can you draw from today’s discussion?

Về Đầu Trang Go down
https://www.facebook.com/DuongThanhHan

GENERATION GAP (11/9/2011)

Xem chủ đề cũ hơn Xem chủ đề mới hơn Về Đầu Trang